Rivazzurra is the last born among the fractions of Rimini, but it has rapidly developed in terms of tourism and hospitality with hotels, pensions, restaurants, pubs and discos.
From the Hotel Manola it is very easy to reach the center of Rimini by bus.
The tourist committee organizes every summer festivals with music and local culinary temptations, beach parties, tournaments and sporting events, without forgetting the traditional Wednesday evening summer market, the “Flea Festival”: antiques, collectibles and typical handicrafts in the Gardens of Viale Regina Margherita.
In the nearby sports center there are sports fields, tennis and soccer.
For children there is Fiabilandia, the Disneyland of the Riviera, where you can admire the heroes of the Cartoon, the West, the Indians and other fun fantastic scenarios, like the latest novelty: Castoria, the forest of floating trunks.
Located just 5 km from Rimini, it has always been the center of the Romagna Riviera, famous for its night clubs, for the many outdoor evening entertainment and for entertainment it is also a city of history and culture.
In fact, thanks to its favorable position, Rimini was an important channel of communication between the north and south of the peninsula during the entire period of the Roman colony’s rule.
At that time he experienced a long period of well-being and works were built that still remain intact and that you can visit such as: the Arch of Augustus, the Tiberius Bridge, the theater and the amphitheater.
Subsequently it became a dominion thanks to the Malatesta whose symbols are Sismondo Castle a real castle built in the center of Rimini and the Malatesta temple, a work entirely made of marble and proclaimed then Cathedral of Santa Colomba, the main church of Rimini.
But it is during the pontifical government that the bathing industry was born that marked the beginning of a new economic activity of greater importance for the development of the city: tourism.
The beach and the sea
Rimini is spread over 15 km of coastline 200 meters wide , its beach is adorned with fine and golden sand where the sea water is low and the sandy bottom, ideal especially for families with children.
The sea is clean and has obtained the blue flag, the beaches are always clean, well maintained thanks to the separate collection of waste, super organized and equipped with all comforts and with close to km of cycle paths.
The bathing establishments of the coast offer a vast choice of equipment and comfort and are able to offer an innumerable range of sporting and recreational activities to practice, ideal to make your stay pleasant by the sea.
Sport and leisure
There are many variations for those who love outdoor holidays, from sports like a game of golf, a ride in bicycle or aboat trip, places of well-being for a healthy holiday and for this reason Rimini Terme is born, to amusement parks for children and adults, beach sports such as beach volleyball, beach tennis, speedminton or Nordic walking on the beach.
Here you can find both public and private sports facilities for every need.
For those who are passionate about motors, we have the famous Santa Monica racetrack just a few kilometers away, where the San Marino Grand Prix is held, the World Championship race and the San Marino Grand Prix of the championship of Superbike.
If you are a fan of speed you can have a great offer of Go-Cart tracks,minimoto, and tracks for radio-controlled cars.
For lovers of cycling you can also indulge in bike paths of different types and lengths.
Throughout the summer swimming and sailing are practiced, motorboat trips and by boat, deep-sea fishing and other water sports.
What to visit
Excursions to Rimini where everything is possible and the itineraries never end. I will try to indicate some characteristic villages to visit.
- Sant’Arcangelo of Romagna only 10 km, an ancient city rich in numerous monuments and museums. Under the dominion of the Malatesta, it became a fortified fortress with the highest tower in Romagna, with its tuff and sand caves that cross the center of the city, with the museum of the button, with its buttons from all over the world.
- San Leo at only 32 km one of the most beautiful medieval villages of Italy situated on a rocky boulder, which housed Dante, San Francesco d ‘Assisi and the famous count Cagliostro who was imprisoned in the prisons of the fortress.
- Verucchio just 18 km away with its fortress belonging to the Malatesta from which you can enjoy a wonderful panorama.
- Montebello just 24 km from the town known for the castle of Azzurrina, famous ancient legend.
- San Marino just 20 km from the most ancient republic, rich in monuments, museums, castles, towers and numerous shops and shops where you can buy handmade ceramics, iron objects, wood , precious materials, lace, embroidery and typical products.
- Gradara just 25 km with its historic center surrounded by walls, its narrow streets and the fortress. His story is linked to singing V of Dante’s “hell” in which he tells of the love of Paolo and Francesca that took place right in this village. And for the more romantic, the walk of lovers to be done strictly hand in hand in a pedestrian path around the castle passing through a tiny forest to arrive then inside a green park.
- Gemmano just 24 km away with its suggestive Onferno caves and the natural reserve that surrounds them.
- Montegrimano just 28 km famous for the presence of spas and healing springs.
- Mondaino just 35 km away with its fortress overlooking the town and where every year in August the “Palio del Daino” takes place, a historical re-enactment dedicated to the great moments of the past.
Shopping and entertainment
Rimini offers above all entertainment and fun for everyone both day and night, the solutions for the family are many: from the beach, to bike rides or inland visits, to theme parks and amusement parks.
It starts in the morning with beach activities, in the afternoon with shopping at the large shopping malls such as the largest and most famous “LE BEFANE” and walks, in the evening with the most lively nightclubs and fashion, between beach parties and nightclubs, there’s plenty of choice.
There are meat and fish restaurants, pizzerias, piadinerias, pubs, ice cream parlors of all kinds.
Furthermore, there is no shortage of events: shows, theater and film festivals, art exhibitions, sports competitions, cultural meetings, festivals, gatherings of all kinds, the traditional night markets and for children the fun fair.
Do not miss the famous Rimini New Year’s Eve, the “ Notte Rosa ” where the whole coast turns pink from sunset to sunrise with concerts, exhibitions, shows, fireworks and much more.